As a creator and Wavve Maker in the Wavve community, you get this exclusive newsletter. Thank you for being here.
If you want to stay up-to-date with us on the latest in the audio industry, covering podcasting, content marketing, and social media fronts, stay tuned. If not, you can still use Wavve to create videos and transcription content from your audio. 🙏
In today’s email:
- Being antisocial in a social media world
- What's the ROI on podcast marketing?
- AI podcasts! Why are you yawning?
- Progress in audio on socials no one is talking about positively
- Wavve Design of the Week
- 5 Unconventional Tactics for Video Marketing Success
- Meme Worthy
- How can we blend our creativity with our business?
FROM THE DESK OF JEFF DOLAN
Being Antisocial in a Social Media World
Apparently, everyone in the podcasting industry is in England at The Podcast Show London. (Hi, keep those pics coming! 👋)
I have a lot of respect for those who can create while at a conference, on the road traveling, or otherwise, out of their normal routine.
It takes being antisocial sometimes to create social content. And that can be difficult for some of us.
For others, it's the easy part. The solo part is the rejuvenating part.
Whatever the case, keep creating. But know when to just be social in real life. The online world can wait.
Case in point, as Wired shares below, when it's about human connection and conversation, are we really interested in hearing AIs talk to each other?
I tried using an AI last week on the Wavve Podcast, and you all didn't care for it ... I totally get it. But I will continue to experiment and learn out loud for you.
In case you missed it:
- Acast: 87% of US Podcast Marketers See Over Double ROI for Every Dollar Spent on Podcast Advertising
- Wired: Generative AI Podcasts Are Here. Prepare to Be Bored
- Elon and David Sacks hosted an audio-only event on Twitter this week, saying they want to do more like it. I thought it was cool such a well-attended event was audio only (but no one covered that angle positively in the news, so #nolink)
Brought to you by Lili
The best online bank for freelancers and creators
Are you tired of dealing with traditional banks that don't understand the unique needs of freelancers and creators? Look no further than Lili - the online bank designed specifically for people like you.
With Lili, you'll have access to a range of features tailored to your needs as a creator, including:
- No account fees or minimum balance requirements
- Tools for managing your finances and tracking expenses
- Tax savings tools and advice from financial experts
- Instant payment notifications so you always know when you get paid
- Mobile check deposit so you can deposit your checks without leaving your desk
Plus, with Lili's advanced security features and intuitive mobile app, you can rest easy knowing that your money is safe and secure. Don't settle for a bank that doesn't understand your unique business. Sign up for Lili today and start banking on your terms!
WAVVE DESIGN OF THE WEEK
I want to highlight a design trend I'm seeing in our creator community. Phone images with podcast players in them. The waveform animations are going along with the animated progress bar matching the audio dynamics and length. Very powerful. Many times, the viewer instinctively clicks the player buttons, accidentally clicking Like on IG or going full screen on Twitter, for example. Great job to the Eagles team!
GROW YOUR INFLUENCE
5 Unconventional Tactics for Video Marketing Success
Almost every podcast conversation I have now leads to what I'm doing with social video. Here are some good insights that are working for content creators right now:
- Ditch the Script
- Think Outside the Box
- Embrace Imperfection
- Use Humor to Your Advantage
- Use Artificial Intelligence
There is a fine line between creating content that is valuable or entertaining while also not letting it take everything you have in time and energy.
These days it feels like everything is reaching obsolescence faster. What doesn't go out of date? Your smile. Your kindness. A good chuckle. Don't forget to laugh on your podcast, and smile in your audio. We can hear it.
Blending Creativity with Business
I was recently interviewed on the No BS Business School with Jan Ditchfield podcast in Canada. She has a growing team of content creators building an amazing community for women wanting to grow their businesses and influence online. Great discussion!
What could we have done better with this issue? Rate by clicking below.
Interested in sponsoring this Newsletter? Click here.